While GoAhead got awarded the part 1 contract of the ‘Augsburger Netze’ – Transdev daughter company Bayerische Regiobahn (BRB) will become responsible for part 2 of the network, as of December 2022. The BRB is also the current operator on the lines and therefore is able to continue its services for another nine years.
The key figures:
- 7,4 million trainkm
- 9-year concession
- Schongau – Weilheim – Geltendorf – Mering – Augsburg Hbf – Gessertshausen – Langenneufnach
- Augsburg – Aichach – Ingolstadt Hbf
- (Ingolstadt Hbf) – Eichstätt Bahnhof – Eichstätt Stadt
- More detailed information can be found on the website of BEG
The BRB plans to order new Alstom Coradia Lint DMUs with a top speed of 140 km/h.
Transdev in Bavaria: a good customer for Alstom
On 09.12.2018 Transdev-BRB started its services on ‘Dieselnetz Augsburg 1’ on which it also deploys Coradia Lint DMUs. The white/blue trains with red doors are used on the lines München – Füssen, Augsburg – Füssen und Augsburg – Landsberg. 28 units have been delivered in three different lengths:
- 19 x Coradia Lint 41 (2-car three bogies) with 120 seats
- 4 x Coradia Lint 54 (2-car four bogies) with 150 seats
- 5 x Coradia Lint 81 (3-car six bogies) with 282 seats
Earlier this week, Transdev decided to order another 25 Coradia Lint trains to replace ageing Bombardier Talent and Integral rolling stock. These will be operated by BRB’s sister company Bayerische Oberlandbahn (BOB).