554 001/501 – numbers of a series-produced Alstom iLint hydrogen multiple unit. The train, in white and blue was featured today in a tweet by Alstom Germany:
Carmen Schwabl #LNVG und Dr. Bernd Althusmann @althusmann waren heute an unserem Standort in Salzgitter zu Gast. Müslüm Yakisan (Pres. Region DACH) zeigte ihnen einen der insgesamt 14 Wasserstoffzüge für das Netz der #evb🌱💦 #niedersachsen #wasserstoff #alternativeantriebe pic.twitter.com/zF1ibeUYXw
— Alstom Germany (@AlstomGermany) March 11, 2021
- Alstom builds 14 Coradia iLint trains in Salzgitter for LNVG;
- EVB will operate them starting in December 2021;
- First ever series-produced fuel cell train for passenger service;
- Will replace diesel trains in regional passenger service;
- Linde provides for the hydrogen supply of the trains.
Two things are remarkable: The two prototype trains are numbered 654 101/601 and 654 102/602, so the number plan has been changed. Also note that the headlights seem to have grown a bit, compared to the current models (and the iLint prototypes).