Alstom will supply ten additional Coradia Polyvalent Léman Express trains to the French region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes – an order with a value of approximately 70 million euros. They will be used in north-east of the region, notably the department of Haute-Savoie. Deliveries will take place from December 2020 to May 2021.
The region had already ordered 17 Coradia Polyvalent EMUs (series Z 31500), due to enter service on the Franco-Swiss cross-border Léman Express line in mid-December 2019.
Most important parameters:
- 4-car electric trains
- tri-courant – 1.5kV DC + 25kV AC for France; 15kV DC for Switzerland
- a total capacity of 204 seats with a ‘suburban’-style interior layout
- seats equipped with individual reading lights and electric sockets
- mild air conditioning adjusted to the occupancy rate (CO2 measurement) for better climatic comfort
- dedicated bicycle areas
- security cameras
- seven doors on each side, all equipped with bridge plates
- ERTMS technology