Rail Force One is a Dutch railway undertaking that was founded in 2016, based in Rotterdam. Rail Force One is part of the Rail Innovators Group, a private holding company acting within multiple disciplines of the railway industry.
We thank Michiel de Wijs for his support
RailReLease is the leasing company within the Rail Innovaters Group which acquired six ‘1600s’ from Locon Nederland, that had to file for bankruptcy in 2017.
Rail Force One now has its first locomotive in company colours, being the ‘1829’ – The French-built machine now has a grey livery with black and white details. Its NVR number is 91 84 1570 829-9 NL-RRL.
The RFO 1829’s full history:
- 1982: delivered to the Dutch railways (NS) as 1629
- 2002: renumbered by NS as 1829 (passenger locomotive)
- 2009: sidelined by NS, sold to Locon Nederland
- 2017: bankruptcy Locon Nederland, sold to RailReLease (Rail Innovaters Group)
- 2018: repainted in grey, now in service of Rail Force One