In December Bombardier handed over the first of three TAXX AC3 electrics to Austrian rail freight operator WLC. The designated 187 321 is now in Germany, where it is put into service in the harbour area of Speyer. It is mostly seen being parked at Speyer, Ingolstadt oder Eichstätt.
Until now it has been difficult to catch it on camera. The few trains it is currently pulling between Speyer and Ingolstadt are incidental, often running at night on workdays.
The 321 is currently approved for services in Germany only. 187 322 and 323 are still at Bombardier’s assembly factory in Kassel. These are TRAXX AC3 locomotives WITH Last Mile shunting diesel module that are currently in service or await delivery:
- 30x Railpool: 187 001-009, 300-313, 315, 316, 400-404
- 4x Akiem: 187 011-014
- 1x WLE: 187 010
- 1x Raildox: 187 317 – 187 318 awaiting delivery, 187 319 comes later this year
- 1x LTE: 187 930
- 1x Swiss Rail Traffic: 487 001
- 1x WLC: 187 321 – 187 322 and 323 awaiting delivery
- Stern & Hafferl: 1 on order