On June 22, French leasing company Akiem announced that it has signed an agreement with Bombardier to supply up to 52 TRAXX locomotives. 26 units are ordered right away for an amount of 95 million euro.
From 2017 onwards, Bombardier locomotives will deliver locomotives of the type TRAXX AC3 (series 187) and MS2e (series 186). All locomotives will have ETCS. The exact (country specific) specifications of the machines have not been published yet.
Which locomotives are currently in the fleet of Akiem? An overview:
- Bombardier TRAXX AC2 on Railcolor.net
- Bombardier TRAXX AC3 on Railcolor.net
- Bombardier TRAXX MS on Railcolor.net
- Bombardier TRAXX DC on Railcolor.net
- Alstom BB 36000 on Railcolor.net
- Alstom Prima EL2U on Railcolor.net
- Alstom Prima EL3U on Railcolor.net
- Alstom Prima DE33 BAC on Mainlinediesels.net
- Vossloh G1000 / G1206 on Loks-aus-kiel.de