[PL] Pesa and the Polish Development Fund start a locomotive leasing company

Pesa, the Polish rolling stock manufacturer, has founded ‘Rail Capital Partners’ (RCP), together with the state-owned Polish Development Fund (PFR). Pesa takes a 51% stake in RCP, where PFR owns the remaining 49% of the shares.

In the next five years, the two partners will commonly bring around 200 million Zloty into RCP. Included in the investment is the construction of eight Gama Marathon locomotives by Pesa. Initially, RCP wants to offer its fleet to open access operators active in the Polish domestic market. This means we are talking about Gama locomotives for 3kV DC catenary systems only, but with an additional combustion engine for shunting. Multi-system locomotives are still considered being too expensive, especially when looking at additional costs of getting such machines equipped and homologated for countries outside Poland.

The first new Gama Marathon locomotive for RCP is already under construction. All eight machines should become available to the market within the next two years. RCP is most likely to start its leasing services in the first quarter of 2017, making its machines available to both freight and passenger operators.

Make sure your advertising is railevant!