On 18.12.2020 the contract was signed under which Bombardier will provide ETCS upgrades for 73 TRAXX multi-system locomotives of lease company Railpool. Baseline 3 will replaces Baseline 2 systems. The newer standard includes functions such as:
- Further harmonization reducing complexity and increasing interoperability of the locomotives;
- An improved braking curve model;
- Better information to the train driver at level crossings;
- A new standard called ‘Limited Supervision’ – which makes it possible to replace the national signalling system without major investments in the infrastructure.
- It will be possible to locate locomotives accurately – including the ones that are switched off and parked.
The locomotives are gradually being converted, starting with 39 vehicles for the Netherlands.