The Munich-based rolling stock leasing company Railpool has opened up its new office in Vienna to serve the potential businesses in eastern Europe.
The Central and Eastern European (CEE) market shows good potential growth for rolling stock leasing companies. One of the market leaders – Railpool – proves this statement by opening their new office in Vienna. It should serve the markets to and from eastern Europe better than before.
The news follows shortly after Railcolor recorded new test runs with a Railpool AC3 electric in Croatia.
With the newly opened office in July, the company will mostly compete with European Locomotive Leasing, a company headquartered from Vienna, and focusing on the CEE market. Railpool is active in sixteen countries with fleet exceeding 400 locomotives.
Here is an overview of ROSCO companies and their coverage of the CEE region:
- Akiem runs it through its offices in Budapest [HU] and Warsaw [PL]
- Alpha Trains’ passenger trains are run from Cologne [DE], whereas locomotive division via the Antwerps [NL] office
- MRCE’s closest office is situated in Munich [DE]
- ELL is based out of Vienna [AT]
- ELP is all coordinated from Frauenfeld [CH]