This article was published on 20.12.2019 and updated on 14.02.2020 (new visuals and information added).
Finally, Siemens’ Mireo in DB Regio standard colors! They will be seen running on the “Lausitz Network” starting from December 2022. We bring you information about their configuration.
We now know the exact number of trainsets to be delivered – it is 18. Today, the order has been officially confirmed by Siemens Mobility. All trains will be built in the Krefeld plant of the manufacturer with commissioning scheduled to take place between October 2021 and November 2022.
“We’re really excited about the latest generation of trains planned for the Lausitz region. We’ll be further improving the already high-quality standards in regional transport, and our passengers can look forward to modern, attractive and reliable trains.” – Susanne Henckel, Managing Director of VBB
We are also sharing a revised route-list, as per Siemens’ press release:
- RB11 Frankfurt (Oder) – Cottbus – Finsterwalde – Falkenberg (Elster);
- RB49 Cottbus – Ruhland – Elsterwerda-Biehla – Falkenberg (Elster);
- RE10 Frankfurt (Oder) – Cottbus – Falkenberg (Elster) – Eilenburg – Leipzig Hbf;
- RE10V Cottbus – Leipzig Hbf;
- RE13 Cottbus – Senftenberg – Elsterwerda.
Railcolor News first delivered information about this project to its Expert subscribers at the end of December 2019:
Our original article from 20.12.2019: