In Spanish media today: The Board of Directors of Adif Alta Velocid add has approved the acquisition of 22 <strike>bimodal</strike> diesel-electric locomotives from Stadler Rail and Erion. The order has a value of approximately EUR 139 million. In Januari 2019 we published the tender that is the basis for this deal.
Update 18.10.2019: Stadler Rail’s official press information was released stating the locomotives are diesel-electric, and not dual modes
- <strike>Electric and </strike> diesel-electric
- 160 km/h maximum speed
- First delivery to take place within 36 months after signing the final contract
- work train haulage of up to 600 t
The locomotives will be, among other things, used for:
- High-speed railway lines inspection prior to regular daily services start in the morning
- Rescue operations of stranded trains
- Snow clearance
Erion specializes in the maintenance of rolling stock for both public and private operators in Spain. Stadler Rail Valencia owns 51% of its shares, Renfe Operadora the remaining 49%.