Widmer Rail Services (WRS) is a rail freight operator from Buochs (CH), with a German subsidiary in Ettlingen. You may know it from its growing fleet of blue locomotives in Switzwerland. WRS owns former Crossrail locos Re 436 type locomotives for example, and ex-ÖBB 1042s. As of 14.05.2018, a TRAXX locomotive will be added to the fleet for services in Germany: This is 146 520 in WRS design:
WRS is a freight operator, but it also rents out its locomotives to other companies. Also its loco drivers are available to other operators. 146 520 is one of four locomotives of this type in the fleet of Macquarie Rail (146 519-522) – the locomotive was previously used by Metronom in Northern Germany.
146 520s yellow and blue base livery originates from its time as Connex (> Veolia > Transdev) locomotive. It was sold to lease company Macquarie Rail in 2016. The locomotive will be used in Germany, mainly in the West and the South.
The locomotives in the fleet of WRS
- Am 847 = former DR class 110
- Em 837 = former DB class V60
- Ae 1042 = former ÖBB class 1042
- Re 421 = former SBB Cargo Re 421 / SBB Re 4/4 II
- Re 430 = former Crossrail / Regionalverkehr MittellandRe 436
- and various small shunting locomotives (Tm)