A multicolor rail scene today in Vienna. In the Hütteldorf freight station. Not only do the trees look extra colorful these days, but the test train in the front does also adds to the spectacle. What you see is a 5-car rake with three new Nightjet-coaches mixed with two new-generation Railjet coaches, sandwiched by ÖBB 1016 026 and 1016 023 (in grüner Bahnstrom design).
Thanks to Dominik Pauli, we can show you the latest generation of Railjet coaches with two different floor levels. Leveled entrance, made possible by moving the doors more towards the center of the coach, is an innovation compared to the previous generation:
- ordered by ÖBB in 2018: 8x 9-coach trains Railjet (push-pull day trains)
- ordered by ÖBB in 2018: 13x 7-coach trains Nightjet (push-pull night trains)
- ordered by ÖBB in 2021: 20x 7-coach trains Nightjet (push-pull night trains)
- ordered by ČD in 2018: 50 coaches for day trains (5-car consists, not push-pull)
- ordered by ČD in 2021: 20x 9-coach push-pull day trains