It’s time to close the month with another edition of ‘Tender Update’ – Railcolor News’ weekly summary of modern rolling stock tenders throughout Europe:
- [DE] German Hessische Landesbahn GmbH (HLB) has opened a tender for the supply of 25-35 EMUs that are to be deployed on the “Mittelhessen-Express” SPNV network, starting with the 2023/2024 timetable change. A total of three candidates are expected to receive an invitation for participation, following the initial submissions of interest, which can be sent by 10.08.2020;
- [LT] Following the rebranding of its passenger division into ‘LTG Link’, the Lithuanian Railways have recently announced the launch of a market consultation procedure for its fleet renewal. The new trainsets will be adapted to passengers with different needs, according to the company’s head, Mr. Linas Baužys. The contract signing has been scheduled for the end of 2020, and partial funding will be sought from the EU;
- [IT] FS Italiane and Eurofima have finalized a new bond issue in a private placement for EUR 240 million. The operation is the third one that FS Holding stipulated with Eurofima in 2020 and, like the previous ones, is intended to cover investments in rolling stock used in Trenitalia’s regional public service. The new trains will further contribute to environmental and social sustainability by promoting the modal shift to rail;
- [PL] As previously, announced on Railcolor News, Newag will be delivering two, hybrid regional multiple units to Poland’s West Pomeranian Voivodeship (Województwo Zachodniopomorskie). The agreement also includes the optional delivery of another 10 trainsets of the same type. The estimated value of the contract, including the optional units, is EUR 54.54 million;
- [PL] Poland’s Lesser Poland Voivodeship (Województwo Małopolskie) has also signed a contract with Newag for the delivery of 7 newly built EMUs in four-car configuration, including maintenance and repair services for a period of 5 years, as well as personnel trainings. According to the agreement, valued at EUR 42.5 million, two further trainsets may be delivered as an additional option;
- [PL] PCC Intermodal is looking for three modernized diesel locomotives which can be optionally based on the Polish series SM42. Brand new nor non-modernized locomotives are not being accepted in this tender.