Today Stadler Rail has released official information about its deal with the railways of Finland (VR Group) for the delivery of 60+100 multi-engine diesel locomotives. The new details:
- The central-cab locomotives can be used as shunting locomotives and for hauling freight and passenger trains
- in single and multiple traction (up to three locomotives)
- the first five locomotives are expected to enter into service in 2022
- to be fitted with radio control equipment and ETCS Baseline 3
- equipped with the local STM ATP safety system
- and the latest generation of vehicle control system including remote diagnosis features.
- AC traction system with one inverter per axle > better adhesion performance
The order is a major milestone for Stadler, large normal gauge multi-engine mid-cab diesels being a new product in its portfolio.
Iñigo Parra, CEO Stadler Valencia: The order strengthens our position in the shunting segment, a market niche, which is expected to grow considerably in Europe in the forthcoming years.