Today, Polish rolling stock manufacturer Newag officially presented the newest version of its 6-axle electric locomotive, named ‘Dragon 2’. It is a new and improved version of the Dragon concept that has been under development since 2008. During the event, Newag and PKP Cargo signed a letter of intend for the acquisition of three Dragon 2 electrics.
We have already recorded two completed Dragon 2 locomotives, both in red and grey Newag design and numbered E6ACTa 001 and 002. It is possible to order the Dragon 2 with shunting diesel (type E6ACTad).
The novelty’s of Dragon 2
- TSI 2014 compliant
- convertors with SiC technology (Silicon carbide) – small and efficient
- ETCS level 2
Newag is building ten new locomotives on the short term, and it is working on the development of a dual mode version.
About the ‘Dragon 1’
Dragon locomotives in overview
- E6ACT 001 > Industrial Division > recently rebuilt to improve standardisation > black livery
- E6ACT 002-004 > Industrial Division > orange/black livery
- E6ACT 005-009 > Lotos Kolej > silver/blue
- E6ACTd 101-105 > Freightliner PL > yellow/green
- E6ACTd 106 > Budokrusz > Newag standard livery red/grey
- E6ACTa 001-002 > Newag standard livery red/grey
- E6ACTa: 8 more to be built