• 10 Vectron MS and 20 Vectron DC
• Option for 20 additional locomotives
• MRCE fleet includes 111 Vectron locomotives
Mitsui Rail Capital Europe (MRCE), a full-service locomotive leasing company, has ordered 30 Vectron locomotives from Siemens. Ten of the units will be delivered as multisystem Vectron MS for cross-border operations in Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and the Netherlands. Twenty further locomotives will be equipped as direct-current locomotives (Vectron DC) to operate in Italy. Delivery of the locomotives is scheduled to begin from January 2018. The contract with MRCE also includes an option for an additional 20 locomotives.
“With this new order, our Vectron fleet will grow to a total of 111 locomotives. Our customers throughout Europe value the reliability and flexibility of the Siemens locomotive,” says Junichi Kondo, CEO of MRCE.
“The long-standing trust of MRCE in Siemens shows that we have a locomotive in our portfolio that more than satisfies the requirements of European freight transport. With its fleet of DC, AC and MS locomotives, MRCE can now offer all electric versions of the Vectron,” says Jochen Eickholt, CEO of the Siemens Mobility Division.
The ordered multisystem locomotives have a maximum output of 6,400 kW and a top speed of 160 km/h, and the Vectron DC has an output of 5,200 kW. Both versions are equipped with national train control systems and the MS locomotives also have the European Train Control System (ETCS).
Update 15.09.2017: We were wondering, where does the number 111 come from. We made an overview with the help of Siemens:
- 15x Vectron AC in 2013 (850-860 + 870-873)
- 20x Vectron AC in 2014 (600-606 + 861-867 + 874-879)
- 10x Vectron AC in 2015 (607-616)
- 11x Vectron MS in 2015 (640-650)
- 10x Vectron MS in 2016 (651-660)
- 15x Vectron MS in 2016 (661-675)
- 10x Vectron MS in 2017, delivery starting in 2018
- 20x Vectron DC in 2017, delivery starting in 2018
Check out the full list of all commissioned MRCE Vectron locomotives on Railcolor.net